Kansas Business License
- Kansas does not require business registration for a sole proprietorship.
How to Get a Business License in Kansas:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact the Internal Revenue Service to get a Federal Employer's Identification Number, and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online at the KS Business Center.
- Check out the Kansas Government website to determine what kind of license you need to operate your business.
- Contact your city and county government for specific zoning, permitting and licensing regulations.
Kansas State Sales Tax:
- Kansas state sales tax is 5.3%
- Different cities and counties in Kansas have additional local sales tax. See a list of local retailer sales tax rates.