Louisiana Business Licensing
How to Get a Business License in Louisiana:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact the Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online.
- To find out what business license you need to operate in Louisiana, fill out the Business License Checklist (PDF).
- Contact your city and county government for occupational licensing, specific zoning, permitting and other licensing regulations.
Louisiana State Sales Tax:
- Louisiana state sales tax is 4%.
- Political subdivisions may also have their own additional sales tax.
- A consumer use tax of 8% applies for goods purchased out of state.