Michigan Business Licensing
- Michigan does not have a generic business license.
- Certain occupations, industries, and services require a Michigan business license.
- Determine if you need a Michigan business license.
How to Get a Business License in Michigan:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Apply online for your Michigan state business license and permits.
- Contact your county clerk's office to determine if your business is required to have a local license or registration.
Michigan State Sales Tax:
- Michigan state sales tax is 6%.
- There is no city or local taxes.