Mississippi Business Licensing Information
- A state business license is only required for corporations in Mississippi.
- Mississippi does not require a sole proprietorship to register with the state, unless they are operating one of the following businesses:
- Auto Dealership
- Bail Bondsman
- Insurance Agency
- Private Ambulance Service
- Check Advance
- Building Contracting
- Mortgage Lender
- Professional Engineer
How to Get a Business License in Mississippi:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity with the Mississippi Secretary of State.
- Apply for your Mississippi business license online.
- Contact your city and county government for specific zoning, permitting and licensing regulations.
Mississippi State Sales Tax:
- Mississippi state sales tax is 7%