Missouri Business Licensing
- A retail sales license from the Missouri Department of Revenue is required for all businesses making retail sales.
- A local Missouri business licenses may also be required.
How to Get a Business License in Missouri:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity with the Secretary of State
- Contact your city or county government to obtain your local business licenses.
Missouri State Sales Tax:
- Missouri state sales tax is 4.225%