Montana Business Licensing Center
- A state business license is required for certain types of businesses in Montana.
- Some city or county governments require a local business license.
- If you are a sole proprietorship and will conduct business under your own name, you don't need to register your business entity with the Secretary of State's office.
- If you are not conducting business under your own name, you need to file an Application for Registration or Renewal of Assumed Business Name with the Secretary of State's office.
How to Get a Business License in Montana:
Montana State Sales Tax:
- Montana has no sales tax at state or local levels.