Oklahoma Business License Information
- Oklahoma does not have a general business license, but many businesses, such as beauty salons and restaurants, require specific licenses and permits to operate.
- Find the licenses, permits and registrations your business needs by using the Business Licensing System.
- No state license is required for selling over the Internet. However, occupational licenses or regulations may apply based on what you sell.
- You're not required to register your trade name. However, it is recommended to register to protect your business name.
How to Get a Business License in Oklahoma:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity with the appropriate state agencies:
- Determine if you need additional statewide business licenses and permits from the Business Licensing System.
- Contact your local governments to find out if you need additional local licenses.
Oklahoma State Sales Tax:
- Oklahoma has a state sales tax of 4.5%.