- A local and occupational licenses may be required in addition to your business license.
How to Get a Business License in Florida:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact the Internal Revenue Service (1-800-829-1040) or visit them online to get a Federal Employer’s Identification Number, and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online with the Florida Department of Revenue. You can also call the Department of State’s Division of Corporations at 850-488-9000.
- Determine your licensing or regulation requirements. See the Florida Regulated Industries Guide for more information.
- Contact your city and county government for specific zoning, permitting, and licensing regulations.
- Also see the occupational license tax information for your business.
Florida State Sales Tax:
- Florida has a state sales tax of 6%.
- Counties have additional sales surtaxes. Find your county’s surtax here.