Table of Contents
- A state business license is required for certain types of businesses in Georgia, while other types require only county and/or city business license.
- Certain professions also require occupational licenses.
How to Get a Business License in Georgia:
- Register your business entity online and apply for a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Visit the Fist Stop Business Information Center to apply for your Georgia state business license.
- For your city and/or county business license in Georgia, determine who regulates business licenses in your county by contacting your local chamber of commerce office.
Georgia State Sales Tax:
- Georgia state sales tax is 4%
- Prescription drugs, certain medical devices, and groceries are exempt from sales and use tax
- Local jurisdictions may have additional sales taxes, such as educational local option tax, homestead local tax, or Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority tax
- Atlanta also collects 1% municipal option sales tax.