- A state business license is required for most types of business in the state of West Virginia.
- See the licensing requirements from the West Virginia Secretary of State.
How to Get a Business License in West Virginia:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online at Business For West Virginia.
- Apply online for your business licenses and permits.
West Virginia State Sales Tax:
- West Virginia state sales tax is 6%.
- Visit the State Tax Department to read more about the 3% food tax.
- There is currently no municipal sales tax in West Virginia.