- Wisconsin does not issue a general business license. However, the state still regulates many types of occupations and businesses.
How to Get a Business License in Wisconsin:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity and apply for your Wisconsin business licenses using the State of Wisconsin Business License, Permit and Registration Services.
- You can also use the Business Wizard to look up licensing, permitting and regulatory requirements and forms for your business.
- Check with your local municipality about local business requirements.
Wisconsin State Sales Tax:
- Wisconsin state sales tax is 5%,
- Many counties have an additional sales tax of 0.5%.