Light a Fire Under Your Bottom Line!
Sales are like oxygen to small businesses. It keeps the engine going and keeps your revenues on a slow burn. Here are a few ways to make sure that your sales figures stay fired up!
- Try to understand your competitors and find points to beat them at. You can also create a joint venture, or propose a cross-promotion deal with your stiffest competitors.
- Always make your website attractive and worth bookmarking for visitors. You can make it worth noticing by adding informative articles as well as ebooks and free reports.
- You can increase the interest in your site's products by offering your website visitors affiliate programs to join (where they get paid for selling your products) or free additional benefits (like giveaways or newsletter subscriptions).
- Request and prompt your guests to promote your website by passing your URL along. Have a link that lets them send it to one of their friends.
- Make your articles more powerful by including interesting pictures and links to your products. You should also include testimonials — but don't forget to show the person's contact information.
- Include some add on products through your site: for example, related add-on services or products.
- Place your advertisements in sites that your target market is likely to visit, so as to attract maximum customers. Try to place your advertisements in a higher position on websites with lots of traffic by offering the owners a percentage of the resulting profit.
- You can also intensify your sales by using permission marketing. This is done by asking people to sign up for your mailing list and then forwarding them emails with advertisements for your products and services on a regular basis.
In small business, keeping sales going is always a challenge. By implementing the tips above, you'll be sure to keep the fire going!