- A state business license is required for any type of business in Arizona.
- All businesses are required to register for a transaction privilege tax, use tax, and employer withholding and unemployment insurance. All forms can be completed online through a joint application using the Arizona Taxes website.
How to Get a Business License in Arizona:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity with the Arizona Secretary of State Business Registration & Filing and go to AzTaxes.gov to register your business for taxes.
- To obtain your Arizona business license contact the state agencies that may require licenses for your business type.
Arizona State Sales Tax:
- Arizona has a state sales and use tax of 6.3%.
- There is no sales tax on food for home consumption and drugs prescribed by a licensed physician or dentist.
- Some cities do tax food for home consumption.
- Find the current combined state sales tax rate and county’s excise tax rate.