- A state business license is required for all types of business in Alaska.
How to Get a Business License in Alaska:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity with the State of Alaska.
- Obtain your Alaska business license using the online form and submit the $100 yearly fee.
Alaska State Sales Tax:
- Alaska does not collect a state sales tax.
- Vehicle rental tax applies: 10% on passenger vehicles and 3% on RV’s.
- There is an excise tax of $46 per voyage on passenger traveling on commercial vessels that provide overnight accommodations while in Alaska waters.
- Many municipalities collect sales tax ranging from 1% to 7%. Find more details here.