Networking – It Ain’t for the Faint of Heart
Networking is truly one of the most important steps you can take in promoting your business.
It’s one-on-one co-op marketing with a smile that helps you to convey your business ideas and goals to fellow business owners.
Develop Network Strategies
But what if you’re shy and talking about yourself and your business is difficult, especially to a group of strangers?
You’re not alone. And, while shyness can be difficult to overcome, there are some steps that you can take to make it a little easier.
- If the idea of mingling with a hundred other strangers makes you a bit queasy, skip the big networking parties and join small committees.
They’ll give you an opportunity to communicate with other businessmen and women – and make friends – in a less threatening environment.
Your new friends will be happy to pass your name along.
- Learn not to take rejection personally. Unfortunately, rejection is just a part of selling our businesses.
Much of our success at selling our wares is a result of good timing. Sometimes, folks just aren’t in a position to be receptive.
- Websites and emails offer us a great way to convey ourselves with confidence, without the face-to-face contact.
- Blogs and community chat boards offer a great opportunity to network and share your expertise.
- If you must cold-call, write yourself a script and rehearse your pitch with your friends or family until you’re comfortable with it.
Just so you know you’re not alone, here are a couple of articles with some helpful tips…