South Carolina Business Licensing Center
- A state business license is required for all businesses in South Carolina that sell products or services.
- Check with your county government for zoning restrictions and local licensing requirements.
How to Get a Business License in South Carolina:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity, obtain your license and permits, and file for business taxes at the South Carolina Business One Stop website.
- Check with your local municipal governments for zoning, local licenses and permits requirements. See the Municipal Association of South Carolina for more licensing information.
South Carolina State Sales Tax:
- South Carolina state tax is 6%.
- Lodging is subject to a 7% rate.
- Purchases of unprepared food are taxed at 3%.
- Counties can charge an additional local option sales tax.