How to Get a Business License in Rhode Island:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online with the Rhode Island Division of Taxation.
- Visit the Department of Business Regulation website for information on your industry-specific business license.
- Check with your local municipal governments for zoning, local licenses and permits requirements.
Rhode Island State Sales Tax:
- Rhode Island state tax is 7%.