Washington State Business Lincensing

How to Get a State of Washington Small Business License:

  • If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
  • File the Master Business Application to register your business entity with the State of Washington. Business licenses and permits can also be requested from the city government through this service.
  • For a list of specific professional licenses visit the Department of Licensing.
  • Contact the local government of where your business will operate to get local licensing and permit information.

Washington State Sales Tax:

  • Washington has a state sales tax of 6.5%

Useful Links:

Today's Free Templates

Manufacturing Business Plan

Use this free manufacturing business plan to start and grow a thriving, profitable manufacturing business. Includes market analysis, strategy, more. Works for any type of manufacturing company. Free download available to customize the plan in Word or PDF for your business.

New Product Announcement

It is important to let your consumers know of a new product that your business will offer. Tell them ahead of time by sending out a press release announcement.

Affiliate Disclosure

This post may contain affiliate links to help us pay for running the website. See our affiliate disclosure for details. Thanks!

Free Marketing Plan

Download our free marketing plan example to create a detailed plan for your business. Includes sample text, charts and tables.