How to Get a State of Washington Small Business License:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- File the Master Business Application to register your business entity with the State of Washington. Business licenses and permits can also be requested from the city government through this service.
- For a list of specific professional licenses visit the Department of Licensing.
- Contact the local government of where your business will operate to get local licensing and permit information.
Washington State Sales Tax:
- Washington has a state sales tax of 6.5%