Many people make a good amount of money online using their websites. They use basic techniques to make their websites profitable:
- Google AdSense: This is a fast and easy way for you to earn money by displaying relevant Google ads on your website. The ads are related to the information on a particular webpage. You earn money for every click on an ad.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a very important website promotion strategy. It significantly boosts website traffic and sales. If you do not have a product to sell, you can add someone else’s product by joining their affiliate program.
- Write an eBook: You can sell your own ideas and products. You can write an eBook or offer counseling online. Many people are willing to shell out money to gain specific information about a particular topic.
- Create an online directory: By creating an online directory, you can sell text links. You can also add a directory area to your site and offer links to other websites for a small fee.
- Paid Blogger: You can offer to blog for companies – this is becoming an important link building strategy for many online companies. Some small businesses cannot employ a full time blog professional, so with your website you can blog for them and earn some money.
- E-Bay store: If you start your own eBay store, you can buy at lower prices and sell products at higher rates. This is possible only if you have your own store. You can concentrate on some unique products like coins and antiques, or sell a wide variety of products.
- Create a restricted member area: You can create a site about anything. For example fan clubs, online newsletters, training and courses, stock trading, dating sites, horoscopes, family trees and so on. Offer this site only to paid members.
- Start a paid advice service center: Free information is always great to attract readers to your website, but always save the important information for members who are willing to pay a small fee.
- Increase your sales with exit pop-ups: Many people dislike pop up ads, but if someone is leaving your site without purchasing anything, then you can use pop up ads to catch their attention. Exit pop-up ads generate around 5-15% daily sales for most websites.
- Sell your site: Create a site and then get it listed in the search engines. Once you start earning on online advertising, you can sell your site for a higher amount.
One of the first things you must do online is to get the people to trust you and your business, by offering valuable information free. You can do this by offering them a free ebook or free courses.