If you’ve thought about updating your MSP website, here’s how you can get it done in the next 1 hour using a template and pre-written MSP website content. Start your timer.
The Two Key Parts of a Good MSP Website
Typically, when a managed services provider (MSP) wants to update their IT website, there are two things to look at:
- Getting well-written MSP website content. This is by far the most important part of your website. Your words have to be phrased in a way that shows off your expertise and encourages a web visitor to connect.
- Updating your website design. An attractive design is nice to have, but it is rarely a key driver that motivates a web visitor to contact you.
Both steps are fairly easy. You might be thinking that you don’t have the time or the expertise to make it happen. In this article, I’ll show you exactly how to create a new MSP website in about an hour and I promise you’ll love how it looks. You’ll also save a few thousand dollars in design fees.
Step 1: Designing Your MSP Website
Finding a good website design is extremely easy. There are thousands of templates that can be made to look like a completely original design just by changing colors and images. Pick one that is responsive (re-adjusts to fit on mobile devices) since Google now reduces rankings of unresponsive websites from mobile searches.
Use any of these tools to get a new website design fast:
- Wix – website templates and hosting. They have an assortment of templates to choose from. Fairly easy to configure. Hosting is included. About $150/year, more for additional features.
- Template Monster – thousands of professionally designed themes that can easily be customized for your business, around $50-80 one-time fee.
- SiteGround – WordPress hosting. They can migrate your existing site, install a template and host it. Very cheap hosting, about $50/year; nominal fees for other packages if you need help setting it up.
What Professional Website Designers Do
The best part about picking a template over hiring a designer: chances are your designer is using a template anyway and just swapping out images. That’s right, most designer don’t code from scratch. There are generalized templates that can be tweaked in minutes to create new layouts.
In fact, we used one of the best selling templates to create this site, MoreBusiness.com. Using a popular template also means your code will stay up-to-date. Just like the security services you offer your clients, if you ignore key updates for your MSP website, you can get hacked.
Plus, if you don’t like your MSP website design later, you can change it easily – unlike being stuck with a custom design that cost a lot of money.
If you’re a web designer, you already know that you can buy a responsive template, make some tweaks with images and colors and quickly create a completely different look and feel for any given client. We’ll just keep this secret between us.
So, to get a new look for your MSP website, just pick a template and you’ll have a new look in about 20-30 minutes!
Step 2: Getting MSP Website Content
Get Pre-Written, Editable Web Pages
Are you looking to solve these website content problems?
- You want well-written MSP website content
- You have no time (or interest or expertise) to write it on your own
- Professional writers are too expensive
If this describes you, we have a solution that you’re going to love.
Use our MSP Website Content Kit to get pre-written pages of content to use instantly – you’ll get professionally crafted words ready to copy/paste!
Use discount code website100 for $100 off - limited time!
Each page is written to be SEO-friendly and shows prospects the importance of the IT service described. At the end of the page, we include a call-to-action to encourage web visitors to reach out to you. Pick the pages that fit your business or use all of them to expand your offerings. And, if you have the time, you can even edit each page.
Designed to Fit Your MSP Marketing Budget
We’ve been there and we understand: small IT companies have tight budgets and limited resources. Our goal was to remove the obstacles that prevent MSPs from having marketing that generates leads.
Compare to Custom Content Writing Costs
For most MSPs, the biggest hold up isn’t the look and feel of the website. It’s the content. Well-written website pages need to explain what you offer and why a prospect should use you.
If it’s too technical and your audience is non-technical, you risk isolating or confusing your prospects. If it’s too basic, like a short paragraph to encapsulate everything you do to protect their systems from security threats, you will come across as being too vague.
Most Writers Can’t Write Copy That Sells
There is an art to crafting educational marketing text. It is expensive to write, typically costing about $500-800 per page for an experienced copywriter.
This isn’t a task for just any writer. You need one who takes into account the audience, what they want and need to know, specific words and phrases that sell and provide comfort at the same time, and search engine optimization (SEO) terms.
Writing professional text for your MSP website isn’t the kind of thing you can outsource to a $15/hour writer who is looking for side projects. You’ll be wasting your money because they won’t be able to draft your messaging the right way.
For example: we use the term “cloud computing” because it gets 4x more searches on Google than “cloud services.” We incorporated insights like this throughout our MSP Website Content Kit, which saves you many hours of painstaking work and expensive SEO analysis tools.
What’s Included in the MSP Website Content Kit
Your MSP website content kit includes a set of 11 web pages that are ready-to-use plus a downloadable guide. All you do is copy/paste the text onto your site and you’ll be done in 15-20 minutes. Do it now, then make tweaks when you have more time.
- Home Page
- Computer Security
- Remote Monitoring and Management
- Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Cloud Computing
- Help Desk and Onsite Support
- Communication and Collaboration/VoIP
- Consulting and Strategy
- What to Expect From Us
- Useful Tips
- Contact Us
- Bonus: You’ll also get a guide, The IT Checkup Checklist, that you can save as a PDF to post as a download from your website – this gives prospects a reason to contact you, which is much more effective than a stand-alone “Contact Us” page.
- Extra Bonus: IT Marketing Plan Template – a monthly checklist to create your own marketing plan
If you hired a professional marketing writer who understands technology, it would cost you $3000-5000 or more to get all of these pages for your website. Plus, you would have to manage the entire writing project. Do you have that kind of time and polished writing skills? That’s a blocker for most small MSPs, which further prevents them from doing any marketing to grow.
You can get all 11 pages plus the 2 bonuses for just
$399 $299 using discount code website100 for a limited time. That’s a fraction of the price you would have to pay if you hired an experienced MSP website writer.
Customizing Each Page for Your Business
If you’re looking for a more customized touch, remember that it’s always easier to edit something than to write it from scratch. Some of our clients like to put their own spin on the pages and others use them as is. It’s totally up to you. Our pre-written content pages make your MSP website redesign process significantly faster.
Google revisits web pages constantly so don’t worry about editing your MSP website content kit to be perfect before you use it. Post the content out of the box on your site now so you have something fresh right away.
Then, make changes if you want, maybe one page every week or two as you find the time. Google will update its index after you make updates to your site. Again, you don’t have to make updates if you don’t want.
Each MSP website page includes our recommendations on how to change it to make it a perfect fit for your business. No guess work or professional writers needed. We’ll provide you with:
- Specific suggestions on tweaks that highlight your experience and talent
- Recommendations on the types of images to add on the page to make it look spectacular, including where to find free stock images
- Appropriate call-to-action text on each page to motivate your website visitors to reach out to you (these unique words and phrases are what turns your site from brochureware into a lead generating machine)
All of the content incorporates an educational marketing approach so it helps your prospects understand the topic and why it is important. This portrays your IT company as an expert, which builds trust and encourages readers to contact you.
No More Waiting to Update Your MSP Website
It’s been too long already!
If you’re serious about growing your business, take a step today to make progress.
Just copy and paste the pre-written content from your MSP Website Content Kit into your website pages. It works great with Wordpress, Wix, Joomla, Drupal – any website management tool you use. You’ll be done quickly – and finally check it off your “to do” list!
This content kit includes content only, not website management tools, software, site themes or hosting. The content is copyrighted by Khera Communications, Inc., publishers of MoreBusiness.com. It is licensed to content kit buyers for their website and printed brochure use only and may not be repurposed on any other website or media.