Table of Contents
- A state business license is required for all businesses that perform a service or engage in a trade for profit.
- See the “What You Need To Know About Nevada’s State Business License” guide for more information.
- Local licenses may also be required. For information on local licenses, contact the city and county where your business will operate.
How to Get a Business License in Nevada:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online at the Nevada Tax Center. You can also download the business registration forms here.
- Contact your city and county government for specific zoning, permitting and licensing regulations and to obtain your Nevada business license.
Nevada State Sales Tax:
- Nevada state sales tax is 6.5%.
- Some counties also have an option tax.