- A state business license is required for some businesses and occupations.
- See the Economic and Labor Market Bureau website for a list of licensed occupations in New Hampshire.
- If you do not conduct business under your legal name, you must register your business entity.
How to Get a Business License in New Hampshire:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business with the State of New Hampshire
- Download registration forms for your business.
- For more information about licensing your business in New Hampshire see this guide “Licensed, Certified, & Registered Occupations in New Hampshire.”
New Hampshire State Sales Tax:
- New Hampshire has no state sales tax.