How to Get a Business License in North Dakota:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online by using the North Dakota Secretary of State Business Registration website.
- Get licensing information and requirements from the New Business Registration website.
North Dakota State Sales Tax:
- North Dakota has a sales tax of 5%.
- Local subdivisions may also have sales and use tax.