- A state business license is required for most businesses and occupations in Oregon. Some businesses may need additional licensing.
- Your city or county may also require businesses to have a license or permit.
How to Get a Business License in Oregon:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online with the Oregon Secretary of State Corporate Division, or download the registration forms to mail or fax.
- Contact your city and county government for local licensing, permitting or zoning requirements.
Oregon State Sales Tax:
- Oregon has no sales tax.