Tennessee Business Licensing
How to Get a Business License in Tennessee:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity, file tax registration, and apply for an unemployment insurance number at the One Stop Business Registration.
- Find information on how to obtain a Tennessee business license for your specific business.
- Check with your industry departments and your local government for additional licensing requirements.
Tennessee State Sales Tax:
- Tennessee state sales tax is 7%.
- Food is taxed at 5.5 %, but candy, dietary supplements and prepared food are taxed at 7%.
- Local sales taxes are also collected.