- A state business license is required for some businesses in Utah. However all business must obtain a city or county business license of which they operate in.
- Check with the Utah Department of Commerce for requirements on special state licenses.
How to Get a Business License in Utah:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online using the OneStop Online Business Registration.
- Contact your local government for information on obtaining local business licenses.
Utah State Sales Tax:
- Utah has a state sales tax of 4.65%
- Sales tax on food and food ingredients is 2.75%.
- Utah cities and counties also levy additional local sales taxes.