How to Get a Business License in Vermont:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity through the Secretary of State’s office either online or download forms here.
- Get more information and apply for your business specific professional license.
- Contact your local government for information about additional local business licenses and regulations.
Vermont State Sales Tax:
- Vermont has a state sales tax of 6%
- Applies to the sale of tangible personal property, amusement charges, fabrication charges, some public utility charges, and some service contracts.
- A use tax also applies.
- A local option tax may also apply.