Table of Contents
- A state business license is required for most businesses in New Mexico.
- Occupational licenses are obtained from the municipality or the county in which you will do business.
- Most businesses must register with the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department.
- If you hire employees, you must register with the New Mexico Department of Labor.
- If your business needs to provide Workers Compensation coverage, you must file quarterly reports with the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department.
How to Get a Business License in New Mexico:
- If you plan to hire at least one employee, contact Internal Revenue Service to get an Employer ID Number (EIN), and to request your w-4, SS-4, Circular E and Publication 334 forms.
- Register your business entity online with the Department of Taxation & Revenue.
- Get more business regulation and licensing information from the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department.
New Mexico State Sales Tax:
- New Mexico does not have sales tax.